Ultras are good too!!!!!!

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
In TvT i rush to metal from the start. In TvP i make 5 marines + a tank and then switch to 100% metal.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
It means building only tanks and other metal units, like tanks + golls.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
lol. I like versing zerg the best. Only coz M&M is very easy to tech to and they are cheap and expendable in battle

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
M&M is good in TvZ no matter what units he is making, because u will have tanks and vessels for backup. U have no idea how easilly a zerg player can kill a terran who makes metal, its not mobile enough.

Ubuu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
forum.bodybuilding.com
Heavy Metal would tear zerg apart... depending on how you use them. Terran has the science vessels with useful spells like irradate and Defensive Matrix. Irradate will weaken or kill most zerg units and with Defensive Matrix on several of your metal units will make them almost invulnerable for a while. Tanks on cliffs will do serious damage to zerg expansion, but there is the Gaurdians who would tear them apart. Irradate and send some air units or fully upgraded goliaths to finish them off. Don't be afraid of scourges, they would do almost nothing on your air units with Defensive Matrix. Lurkers are good but can be killed by Tanks far away with the help of detectors. Ultras.... I never seen anyone who actually use these because they are expensive, especially on non-money maps. To counter them, use defensive matrix on your metal units and irradate the Ultras. Plague can kill your heavy metal army, and this is where the medics play an important role. Use "restoration" and the plague would go away. I don't know how many of you guys use the Medics' "Restoration" but its useful to take out certain spells that can hurt your units, like plague.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Many players use ultras, but mostly vs protoss. Hydra/lurk will own terran metal, it isn't mobile enough. Spider mines can be annoying in early game, but as soon as zerg gets overlord speed they are useless. Tank pushes are wasted because they are not mobile enough to destroy zerg expansions before he gets new ones. Cliff drops are good, but u should make M&M in addition to drops. BCs can be hard to counter as zerg, because he will have to tech to defilers or devourers. My point is, metal in TvZ can be countered far more easilly than M&M, because M&M is more mobile. I have seen some players who made metal in TvZ and won, but most have failed.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Actually, most zergs go hydra/lurk vs terran.

Valkarius

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ultras are great for doing PSYCHOLOGICAL DAMAGE to your opponent. Most of the time, when he sees an Ultra plus Hydras and Zrglns attacking his base/s, it means you've got a lot of resources to go around. Plus the fact that they're so damned hard to beat when properly supported against air units with Dark Swarm.

New threads