Tile-Bmpscm Coming Soon....

hydrakon

Member!
Reaction score
Website
clankon.cjb.net
I believe that for different map sizes that the colour of the terrain tile differs. This may only true for 64x64 sized maps. I haven't done any research into this, but from my past map making experiences, I've noticed that the colours like to change... For 64x64 maps, the mini map shrinks to 64x64 pixels and the colour is shown in more detail/more colours. Maps 96x96+ (I think) are normal and the colours blend into each other. This may be something you'd want to take into consideration when picking the tiles for each colour in your new program.

Bolt Head

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowfortress.net
I don't think he is considering the color in that amount of detail or even close. I was personally wondering if he was going observe how tiles look in the mini map of Star Edit or StarCraft. Because they can have major differances. I some times wonder if he is just going to look at a tile, roll his eyes and say "that looks blue to me" I have no idea idea how he is decideing the color.

Romanian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.romanian.vze.com
I would like to answer these questions but i have no idea how he is planning to make this program i am jjust gonna help him do the authorization coding so not everyone can use the program, we don't want noobs to use the program because as everyone says they will ruin mapmaking. So well i'm gonna make sure that all people that use the application will have a username and a key so that the program can requignise them wheneva they use it and so i can strip access away from them @ n e time.

eX-reaver

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.I RULE.com
EVERY PERSON WILL not be limited to how many copies of the program that they want it is now free to all to download because of the security things on it.

ORIGINAL REPLY BY :
Bolt_head

Ok cool but i have one very important question, How do you figure out what color every tile appears as?

The only thing I can think of is you hand selected a few tiles to represent a range of colors. And even this would take a long time depending on how accurate you want it.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Well its taking me a while than i thought it would n im taking the long way to be sure by selecting tiles and crap that way and well visual c++ i was using has just stuffed up so i dont know if someone couldget me a link to a site to download it i thank you but i know it is only on illegal sites to start with and i aint gonna buy it : $2 grand i dont think so. ITS ON HOLD FOR NOW sorz ; (

eX-reaver

Reaction score
Website
www.I RULE.com
Because they can have major differances. I some times wonder if he is just going to look at a tile, roll his eyes and say "that looks blue to me" I have no idea idea how he is decideing the color.
NO BOLT HEAD
its gonna work of how it looks like in a game on the minimap cuase it can turn out a diffrent colour lol.

eX-reaver

Reaction score
Website
www.I RULE.com
i dont know wat u mean dl download wat ?
And i found visual basic that runs of frontpage its so crap but i guess i can continue making the program.

eX-reaver

Reaction score
Website
www.I RULE.com
sorry for double post didnt read the other postings you cant just dl it from any were it wont be like that talk to raminain for the access bit ill leave that to him.

eX-reaver

Reaction score
Website
www.I RULE.com
well ive ecided to get the program out quicker im going to realese it the first version that you need to do the copy the numbers n paste them in by hand that will be finished ummm... maybee a few weeks school is kinda holding me back a lot so.

The next version V2.0 will be avialable by the end of this year at most and this will do everything chnging the colours by itself so u dont have to.

I hoep you understand the scriptsare hard to learn so anyone offering help i would gladley take it : )

New threads