Tile-Bmpscm Coming Soon....

Romanian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.romanian.vze.com
Well, how bout a thanks on the program?

Also please give me a few days to get it all set up for u. I don't have the keymaker so i have to get that. As soon as i have it, i will e-mail it. Whats your e-mail?

cc_Mustang

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ex-reaver when you say you will give it to limited people...are these people just your friends and stuff or you will give it to some of the public people?

Romanian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.romanian.vze.com
ex-reaver when you say you will give it to limited people...are these people just your friends and stuff or you will give it to some of the public people?
Well, course dats what he means, and people such a Bolt and Supa and Vanguard. People that anyone can trust in this field. It won't go public. I will have access 2 stopping people from using it so... i'll make sure it won't go public.

ShaftedTwice

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Well, as Vanguard said, it would destroy SC. And we all agree that SCUnprotect is wrong for the wrong uses, but this is a different subject. Unprotection wouldnt be NEARLY as bad as crappy maps made all over. I would rather have good maps with newbs names all over them rather that sucky maps with newbs names all over them.

ShaftedTwice

Romanian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.romanian.vze.com
I agree shafted, but if that good map with a noobie's name on it waz urz... U know what i mean? It's all about who made it, and who deserves the credit for a good map. And people these days can't even be nice enough 2 say: Created by (Real Creator) Edited by Me or what eva, they just put map by them which kinda hurts when your the one that did all the work

Bolt Head

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowfortress.net
Originally posted by eX-reaver
To start with it selects the tarrain squares that narrows down to the nearest colour as possible. So as you can see it will help a lot of people and make it heller easier to use. If anyone wants the program ill keep it limited to at least this battle forum so please no spreading if you get it.
Ok cool but i have one very important question, How do you figure out what color every tile appears as?

The only thing I can think of is you hand selected a few tiles to represent a range of colors. And even this would take a long time depending on how accurate you want it.

MacMan

Reaction score
I'm sure if he had the time to sort through minimap pics and assign colors to corresponding sprites, he could make a program to compress an image into those colors. It would be the whole... "OMFG I MADE A WHOLE SCM WIFF MY PROGRAM!" end of it that would be the hard part. Maybe I would believe him if he were Heim.

Bolt Head

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowfortress.net
Thats why I ask because i find it extreamly unrelyable to call out colors by eye. And then you have the aspect of working with multiple tile sets. I think it would be much more usefull to have a preveiw of the mini map rended in the exact same way StarCraft does, and a "Master Pallet" where you select the tiles for each color.

Oh well i think its best to wait for his answer before we assume to much about what he might of done.

MacMan

Reaction score
Originally posted by Bolt Head
Oh well i think its best to wait for his answer before we assume to much about what he might of done.
It's great that you give him the benefit of the doubt even though you're 100% skeptical.
I'm done posting for now, I'll cya later.

eX-reaver

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.I RULE.com
Ok to start with yes there will be a little mini map showing tile colours its taking me longer then i thought im not even half way through and i got major assimentsfor my school certificate so theres some hole ups and my file i was using to create the program has a curropted file. So that stuffed me up cuase i downloaded it and now i gota wait 1 week till my freind can get me a cd of it and he will probaly forget so i dont know.

eX-reaver

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.I RULE.com
And nop u wont be selecting the tiles for the colours the program narrows down the closest colour of the pic to a tile number i still cant damb ill figure the numbers like 8-6 n stuff ill get aorund to it some day. so patience is a virtue so yup ^_^ ..........

cc_Mustang

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok evry1 is worried of this prog but like they said this prog will be for them and their friends...i bet people like me wont even have it and about newb yes they would use it to make crapy maps but they would get to lazy make the triggers....my friend is a newb at map making and he always wants me to do the triggers...

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
o poo nobody gonna get it but a selected few *whishes Archn leaks*

Romanian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.romanian.vze.com
Arch, aint gettin it. Anyways, as i said, we will b putting a Auth Form on it so that we can strip access from people at any time. We will have their validation key and username written on a website. We will make it anti-hex and we will make sure it closes itself every hour or so just for safety reasons. More than a few will have it, it's just not gonna b public and we will know everyone that has it.

New threads