Terran Strategies

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
A 6 ling rush arrives at the time u have 1 marine and no bunker.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
No it isn't. Im talking about 6-pool rushes, the type of rushes they actually had to make a patch to fix because they were too fast...

SmashBros.Pro

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
Actually it is wrong, and I have the replay to prove it. I actually played with one of my friends and we made it to were all we could use is Marines and Lings, Bunks and Sunks. If you think we played slow your wrong about that too. He got 9 Drones and I got 10 SCV's and I started the Barracks a lil before he started Pool. His pool finihed 1st and he started making Lings, by time he got to my base I had a Bunker and I just started loading Marines.
If you want the replay PM me and I'll Email it to you.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Well if he did it right he would make a pool on 6 supply, not 9.

Raccoon

Post Djinn
Reaction score
Couldn't the Zerglings quickly get through an SCV?

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
U place 2-3 SCVs on the ramp to ur base (im using LT as an example, on some maps it may be more difficult) so that zerglings cant get through. Then u place 1 or 2 marines behind the SCVs. If the enemy attack moves his zerglings, they will try to attack the marine(s) because of bad AI.

Raccoon

Post Djinn
Reaction score
Alirght.. I will presume you understood me correctly... :D

Raccoon

Post Djinn
Reaction score
Unless you have several of them, but that is out of the question.

lordson

Member!
Reaction score
Australia, Melbourne Rules Sydney is a hole
yeah, waste of scv
i rthink 1 for each bunker shoudl be okay to fend off a rush

do any of you put firebats or ghosts in the bunkers?

ghosts work wel in them

firebats are pointles, the aim is to kill them b4 they get clsoe to your bunkers

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
It takes 2 minutes to get 6 lings, i timed it.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AKA-47
It takes 2 minutes to get 6 lings, i timed it.
so, i can get a bunker, and 2 marines in that time, not counting the travel time of the lings.

SmashBros.Pro

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
6 Lings won't require loads of SCV's on a Bunker and If you have 400 Medics healing 1 Marine, the Lings will go for the Marine instead of the Medics.. I really wish Blizzard would make a patch for that, but I doubht they will now that all the other games are coming out.
And as for the Ling and Bunk arguement, pan just pointed out 1 of the things most people overlook, the travel time and most of the time if your playing on a big enough map, you wouldn't be able to scout the enemy before you got 6 Lings.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
pan_the_man, are u stupid? It takes exactly 80 seconds to make a barracks, then it takes 30 seconds to get a bunker, and u have to make SCVs for 50-60 seconds before that! The enemy will have lings by the time have a rax, and then u will barely have enough time to make a marine before the lings arrive!

And are u going to waste 100 minerals on a bunker just to counter a ling rush? It is much easier to use 2 SCVs.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
And SmashBros.Pro, i will give u 100$ if u can get an accademy before i get 6 lings.

Raccoon

Post Djinn
Reaction score
It would be impossible.. unless some variables like the players were way out of whack..

New threads