Is this thing

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
That should have been done before this section was created.

A lot of the new content on this board falls because of failure to plan out.

Don't get me wrong. Mike had a good idea with this. It's just that this idea was executed poorly.
Agreed there's not even a set of rules for joining or how the tourny was going to go down.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
so its not gonna happen?

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
So are we gonna play this thing or make sex with Jenny?

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
The tournament is still on..yes. We have some things to work out before we proceed, and we need more members, but it is still planned as of now.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
I'm gonna push this for you. Do you know how many ppl play Dota in Garena? several channels are full and 80% are doters each channel when full has 225 people. I'm gonna link them to come here, it's no big deal and won't take me much time to post it in the Garena chat channel.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Sure, if you wish to advertise with that chat it would be a great help and we'd really appreciate it. We just got a new manager for this tournament, so things are back on.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Yeah, it's not like people care but I believe 10 people out of 100 may see that link. Garena is a good place to ad since it has full channels of 225 people just go to Warcraft III RPG channel and choose a room if not full. I don't like ads at all if not tourney related but that was really silly thehiveworkshop - it's modelers there they don't even allow to adv. anything even a tournament. And Dota ad is their worst nightmare lol. They r Dota h8ers.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
wait why are you an admin again roach?

Octopor

your whole family is made of meat
Reaction score
Well, it depends on what kind of system you'd be using to assign wins for the Tournament, and if it'd still be matches of 3v3 and 5v5.

This is me stating the obvious because I have nothing to contribute.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
I was thinking 5v5 single elimination up until the Final then best 2 out of 3.
However, to be honest, dota really isn't my area of expertise and I would be more than happy to hear everyone elses ideas.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
wait why are you an admin again roach?
Because I threatened to kill myself if I wasn't re-admined.

Now stay on topic mister :hxc

Octopor

Reaction score
I was thinking 5v5 single elimination up until the Final then best 2 out of 3.
However, to be honest, dota really isn't my area of expertise and I would be more than happy to hear everyone elses ideas.
If we're aiming to get it done in a day, sixteen is probably the limit for most people with social lives. With sixteen it'd be four games to the final plus the best two out of three. Assuming we're playing without Easy-mode on each game will last about an hour. So that's around five-six hours tournament with I'm thinking a maximum possibility of an hour accumulated wait for teams between their next games.

But sixteen would probably be best for the limit unless we want to spread it over more days. Although right now I'm thinking hoping for sixteen teams of 5v5 is a bit of a stretch, and that we probably would want to do double-elimination or something due do the smaller amount of players.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
If we're aiming to get it done in a day, sixteen is probably the limit for most people with social lives. With sixteen it'd be four games to the final plus the best two out of three. Assuming we're playing without Easy-mode on each game will last about an hour. So that's around five-six hours tournament with I'm thinking a maximum possibility of an hour accumulated wait for teams between their next games.

But sixteen would probably be best for the limit unless we want to spread it over more days. Although right now I'm thinking hoping for sixteen teams of 5v5 is a bit of a stretch, and that we probably would want to do double-elimination or something due do the smaller amount of players.
I have no idea how realistic it is, it seemed that with a month of advertising and planning pulling in 16 teams wouldn't be that difficult, but again I have never ran a dota tournament.

advertise on a few popular forums, there is a modest cash prize so it seemed like just about any non-pro team would be interested.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think we can do it. I'm in the process of speaking with an admin on a very popular forum about a cross-advertisement type of thing. So we'll see how that goes.

Octopor

Reaction score
I know that Mike did make a post on the TDA forums advertising the tournament, and some other places, but it didn't really seem to have an impact. Though I guess the tournament seemed pretty unorganized so maybe it will go better this time around.

EDIT: Before advertising, make sure someone updates the posts about the tournament, with a set of rules and how to apply etc.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
cap it to 8 teams

we'll have typical tournament game

and your idea about single elimination + best 2 out of 3 sounds good

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
And what about those who are not in teams?

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score

New threads