Is this thing

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
still gonna fly? or is it dead cuz thers not enough ppl?

edit
rofl nvm gotta read up the instructions first

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Yes, though it may be pushed back for a few weeks until we get more people to join. I've been trying to get as many as I can, but to no avail. Don't know what else to do.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
i'll try to form a full team asap

btw, try advertising on tda forum or on bnet?

Octopor

your whole family is made of meat
Reaction score
He did advertise on TDAs forum, but I have to agree with the post in the topic suggesting Garena as opposed to Battle.net LC hosting. Even though it's similar, Garena offers tunneling which helps GREATLY reduce lag.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
He did advertise on TDAs forum, but I have to agree with the post in the topic suggesting Garena as opposed to Battle.net LC hosting. Even though it's similar, Garena offers tunneling which helps GREATLY reduce lag.
hmmm welll I can host LC, and I think my friend can also host LC (both living in East coast Canada)

If not, go portforward all your routers and download LC

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
I've done a lot of advertising, from sending over 2000 PM's on the official DOTA forums, to posting on there, to spamming games I joined (approx 10-20 a day everday for about 2 weeks), I have bots running spam in channels.

But still, nothing. I'm at a loss of what to do, tell you the truth.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
man that is pretty sad lol

Octopor

your whole family is made of meat
Reaction score
hmmm welll I can host LC, and I think my friend can also host LC (both living in East coast Canada)

If not, go portforward all your routers and download LC
I have it, and can host, but I'm just saying Garena is better.

Specifically if we want to attact people outside the North American region.

Jim Morrison

Premium Member
Reaction score
I would join but I dont have cd keys maaan id love to get a 200 sack

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
we can play through hamachi, that way you can join jim

kinkarso

ex-admin
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I got a team to join, they'll make the post soon. I don't think it's the exposure that's the problem, I think it's the info we're giving.

At the moment, we don't have specified prizes, basic rules, or anything of that sort. I say we set up a portal page with a URL like dota.battleforums.com, and have all the crucial info fit in the non-scrollable page - something short and to the point. Then advertise.

Let me know - I can have it set up in a day.

Thanks,
Donny

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Yay I hope my posts about Garena for war3 in the past and recetly for SC have reached you dudes. My net is fine in BNet even on East but if I play vs Ntrik, that's gonna lag like hell. Why not ask players in Dota Rooms in Garena to register and sign in here? There will be players for sure. Garena is teh name, Dota is our game.

If not just make 1vs1 with the bf members and gimme the prize hahhah

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yay I hope my posts about Garena for war3 in the past and recetly for SC have reached you dudes. My net is fine in BNet even on East but if I play vs Ntrik, that's gonna lag like hell. Why not ask players in Dota Rooms in Garena to register and sign in here? There will be players for sure. Garena is teh name, Dota is our game.

If not just make 1vs1 with the bf members and gimme the prize hahhah
why would it lag?

Mediva

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Me and another player are willing to join but there's been no response to my attempts at forming a team

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
i dont think u necessary need a response to create a team :S

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
why would it lag?
When I played with Theroy it lagged if he hosted so we had to match each other in ladder. If you are in Korea, BNet's gonna lag if you or CHris hosts. In Garena it won't.

Mediva

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
don't i need confirmation to be told i've joined the league? or some type of admin accepting me into the leauge?

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
When I played with Theroy it lagged if he hosted so we had to match each other in ladder. If you are in Korea, BNet's gonna lag if you or CHris hosts. In Garena it won't.
who said im in korea

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
I got a team to join, they'll make the post soon. I don't think it's the exposure that's the problem, I think it's the info we're giving.

At the moment, we don't have specified prizes, basic rules, or anything of that sort. I say we set up a portal page with a URL like dota.battleforums.com, and have all the crucial info fit in the non-scrollable page - something short and to the point. Then advertise.

Let me know - I can have it set up in a day.

Thanks,
Donny
That should have been done before this section was created.

A lot of the new content on this board falls because of failure to plan out.

Don't get me wrong. Mike had a good idea with this. It's just that this idea was executed poorly.

New threads