For or against gay marriage.

Are you for or against it?

• Yes I think homosexuals should be able to marry.

Votes: 25 61.0%
  • No I think homosexuals should not be able to marry.

Votes: 16 39.0%

• Total voters

dust601

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I find it so hard to bealive but then not so hard to bealive that so many people go by what a book or there realgion tells them to go by instead of thinking for themsevles.

Honestly all you people who say your gods against it, do you think there harming anyone? Do you think there seriously corrupting society and going to bring about the end to us all?
Are your thoughts coming from what you bealive to be true or from what some fictional book has told you to be true.

amrtin77

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i believe it works more like "Are your thoughts coming from what you bealive to be true or from what society has told you is wrong and you blindly accept it as wrong, then use religion as a sheild to protect your ignorance?"

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
I think you are completely right^^.Acceptance of gays has been molded and shaped by the entire world.The acceptance of gays is now being seen as a perception.I think kids partly have the imaged of 'Gays are horrible' engraved into their mind because if they truly do accept it, if they admited that at school they would also be bullied.If a majority accepts gays then the kids who don't would look weird and get teased for NOT accepting gays.

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
Err please elaborate a little more in your posts.What do you mean their not going to regret it?Some gay could regret it, and would you rather have them be gay or not gay?

OMGLOLWTFPWN

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Stop quoting the bible. Just because the bible is against it doesn't make it right. Just remember you are in violation of something in that book too. (No one hasn't ever commited a sin.) And its not like it was written by God or anything. The bible was written by Kings in other countries ( If not written it was at least revised by them, so a lot of that could either not have happened or be very far from the truth.) Oh and if it's in the Bible go look it up because you haven't even proved it's in the Bible you just say it is.

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
And you do have your 'God-Given' free wil.Just because the bible says something doesn't mean it's absolute,final 100% true.TreeFrog is right about the bible with kings thing.

Nuts

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If you permit same sex marriage, then you must also permit polygamy and incest. Once you unlock the gate and redefine the term "marriage" then I can promise you'll never be permitted to stop redefining the laws until total anarchy exists.

I truly love the hypocritical nature of some of the posters who approve of gay marriage, yet disapprove of gay adoption. Exactly why is one permissable and not the other? No matter your answer, you'll be wrong. Either homosexuality is perfectly natural and normal, or it's a disgusting and immoral act, you can't have it both ways. Perhaps heterosexual parents are persuading their children to become straight! *GASP*

It's rather simple people. Marriage is an institution, it's the joining of a man and a woman. If homosexuals wish to have their civil unions, go right ahead, but leave marriage to those who fit the defintion.

And frankly, anyone who says this has anything to do with civil rights is an idiot. Last time I checked, marriage wasn't a right, it's a recognition. Yes folks, the government does not marry you, they simply recongnize the union.

Get a clue.

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
you still havent given me anything except a definition nuts. who are you to decide what is immoral and what is not moral? and about the gay adoption, i am for gays adopting, but it is my belief a mother and father is the best scenerio for kids. gay adoption IS however better than the orphanage.

as for incest and polygamy, im not into either personally but neither am i into homosexuality. all three deal with consenting adults (polygamy more than two), but the problem comes when the incest leads to children. those children can be born with defects as a result.....

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
"If you permit same sex marriage, then you must also permit polygamy and incest. Once you unlock the gate and redefine the term "marriage" then I can promise you'll never be permitted to stop redefining the laws until total anarchy exists."
Do you know what your talking about?First of all "if we permit same sex marriage then you must also permit polygmay and invest".Actually no we must not permit anything.If we alloy gays to marry why would we have to allow incest?Give me a good reason.Second:Once we unlock bla bla.Actually it isn't illegal for gays to marry so were currently not redifining any laws last time I checked.And IF we did redifine one we wouldnt have to redifine any others.Dude please be more senseable.
Perhaps heterosexual parents are persuading their children to become straight! *GASP* WTF are you talking about? Were you stoned while you posted?

(100th Post:Does happy dance)

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
actually, hes right. if were gettin rid of religion and morals turned into laws then we must legalize them or we are hypoctrites. i dont like religion or morals made into laws at all... i believe laws should be made to protect rights and only when your hurting someone you should be restricted.

Golden Monkey

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think gay marrage should not be permitted. Because I am insensible? because I am ignorent? No, because my church is aginst it, you guys would know us as "Mormons"

I think the main reason my profit is aginst gay marrages is because we see homosexuality as a sin, and God told him to be aginst it. I have strong beliefs in my church and because my church is aginst it, so am i.

Does that make me a sheep? NO, because sheep go with the flow because they are stupid and forced to most of the time. I follow my church because I feel it is right.

Thats my opinion

dust601

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
"I truly love the hypocritical nature of some of the posters who approve of gay marriage, yet disapprove of gay adoption. Exactly why is one permissable and not the other? No matter your answer, you'll be wrong. Either homosexuality is perfectly natural and normal, or it's a disgusting and immoral act, you can't have it both ways."

ok let me explain this to you like i would a 10 year old.
Theres nothing wrong with people being gay. Theres nothing wrong with the act of gay adoption. There is somthing wrong with the ignorant folks who will make fun of a kid for having 2 parents of the same sex. I fail to see how i'm being hypocritical trying to defend a poor child from the ignorance of the masses. I never once said there was anything wrong with gays adopting i just said i was against it because the kids will be made fun of and have a maybe harder life.

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
"I truly love the hypocritical nature of some of the posters who approve of gay marriage, yet disapprove of gay adoption. Exactly why is one permissable and not the other? No matter your answer, you'll be wrong. Either homosexuality is perfectly natural and normal, or it's a disgusting and immoral act, you can't have it both ways."

How can't we have it both ways?Do you just come up with ideas because you like to see my sig when I post?(Lol)But seriously where is the facts or proof behind any of your posts such as "You can't have it both ways"?

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
people have been aginst it for thousands of years, you cant deny it

True but why have they been?Just because it's in the bible or something.You people that are 100% religious I can see maybe not liking it. But why would you otherwise care.Unless some gay guy or something is hitting on you...Just why because it's not in our dna.Kids being assholes isnt in our dna either.People killing eachother isnt in our dna.WHY????

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Originally posted by Golden Monkey
It is wrong...

Its not in our DNA, its not naturall, people have been aginst it for thousands of years, you cant deny it
There's homosexuality in nature as well.

And it's a matter of option, not genes.

As for me, I think they should be allowed to marry, if they want to.

After all, marriage isn't only a way to spare in the taxes, but a great change in a person's life.

Nevertheless, I disagree with the adoption of childs, mainly because the child will be very sad when his friends ask him of his mother...

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think gay marrage should not be permitted. Because I am insensible? because I am ignorent? No, because my church is aginst it, you guys would know us as "Mormons"

I think the main reason my profit is aginst gay marrages is because we see homosexuality as a sin, and God told him to be aginst it. I have strong beliefs in my church and because my church is aginst it, so am i.

Does that make me a sheep? NO, because sheep go with the flow because they are stupid and forced to most of the time. I follow my church because I feel it is right.

Thats my opinion
im cool with you having an opinion against homosexuality because of religion, so long as you know your opinion isnt important enouh to restrict another human.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
It is wrong...

Its not in our DNA, its not naturall, people have been aginst it for thousands of years, you cant deny it
It is wrong to you not me, juts because your religon sees it as a sin doesnt mean you can supress the rest of the world.

It is thought to be a gene, and it is seen in nature often. There goes that argument, and untill the christian church and other such religons sprouted homosexuality or bi-sexuality ratther was widespread.

It was not uncommon at all in the roman empire for men to sleep with one another.

Golden Monkey

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Forged
It is wrong to you not me, juts because your religon sees it as a sin doesnt mean you can supress the rest of the world.

It is thought to be a gene, and it is seen in nature often. There goes that argument, and untill the christian church and other such religons sprouted homosexuality or bi-sexuality ratther was widespread.

It was not uncommon at all in the roman empire for men to sleep with one another.
I never said that nobody has been gay before modern times. Actually in the bible, the story of the city of Sodem and Gomorah (i cant spell it right) everyone in the whole city was gay so god destroyed them. But the trouth is it has never been documented of a gene that causes homosexuality. Also, I never said i want to supress the world.

1. How the he.ll would i supress the world even if i wanted too
2. LDS (or "Mormon") members are asked to respect, but oppose gays, not supress them, we may vote for anti gay marrage senaters etc... but thats our choice. Other then that we arent hating gays or supressing them. Although we'd like to help them, we dont try and force them to stop being gay.

New threads