Building AoW And Hall at 160 wood...

M1nt

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You are very arrogant. You JUST DON'T GET IT! Mass Hunts > Mass Archers. DUH! I was sayign that 3 Hunts + 4 Archers ? 5 Hunts. If you do not agree, you've obviously never seen a fight with those units go down. Hunts are a great tier 1 unit, but NE vs NE, you have to have a few archers, they're cheaper, quicker to build, and they deal extra damage. It gives you a significant edge on your opponent.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
omg vbad, if u have 3 hunts and 2 glaive, ppl will have more arcehrs than 5, about 10 prob.

and also... remember that he didnt out micro me (meh... i dunno if i said it or not, but he didnt outmicro me, almost same as mine.), he had KotG to entangle, i didnt.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by noob_phucker
guys stfu about vbad. she has proven in the past that hunts pwn riflemen at tier one and if riflemen are better IN ALL KNOWN WAYS than archers, then how in the name of sliced bread will they beat hunts?
I never saw the proof. If used correctly (meaning, equal micro on BOTH sides), riflemen should win EVERY time. It is just a matter of using the right combo. You can't just get straight rifles, you have to get a few footies or knights in there to form a meat shield. Even a small meatshield works...anything to stop the hunts from getting to your rifles quicker.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
then again.. something tells me me n vbad shouldnt argue anymore.. somethingtells me we should jus put it behind us =/

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
then again.. something tells me me n vbad shouldnt argue anymore.. somethingtells me we should jus put it behind us =/

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
Originally posted by Aragorn7
I never saw the proof. If used correctly (meaning, equal micro on BOTH sides), riflemen should win EVERY time. It is just a matter of using the right combo. You can't just get straight rifles, you have to get a few footies or knights in there to form a meat shield. Even a small meatshield works...anything to stop the hunts from getting to your rifles quicker.
lol aragon dont make newbish statments plz. u dont play ne or human...and second of all is not true. in equal food hunts win. I might have explained at an earlier date why. 1. they both do extra damage to eachother 2. hunts have that bounce glaive attack..which adds up. are we clear ? :p.

IF! ne would have a similar unit such as statues or priests, hunts would keep kicking ur arsse at tier 2 also. But because ne have just wells (which you obviously cannot take in batlle) they lose. plus slow owns them also..like many other units ..not just hunts.

as for shiled...i have seen countless top human players getting breakers, priests and sorc...and some knights if they are facing another human. riffles dont need a meat shield as bad as archers do. they got 520 HP and thats pretty high if u ask me.

legent this is not an argument. we both share a side of view.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
vbad is right aragorn, hunts do rape those gunners, and prob will rape them in tier 2 and 3 with upgs...

Anyways, vbad it wasnt arguement at first, but now it turned into arguement......

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by noob_phucker
guys stfu about vbad. she has proven in the past that hunts pwn riflemen at tier one and if riflemen are better IN ALL KNOWN WAYS than archers, then how in the name of sliced bread will they beat hunts?
To this i have to agree.First of all riflemen are the best huntress counter.If they are both upgraded the hunts may own for tier1.It depends on the number and in order to own coming hunts all the time with rifles you may alos need 1-2 footmen and behind-the rifles.Still a good NE player can own them.However when the Human gets sorc mass huntresses against riflemen (even upgraded attack lvl2) and sorc (slow), the hunts will be owned.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
^^ and we all agreed...

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
heheh it all depends in a real game situation but manly mass hunts alone at tier 2 is pure suicide. u might...have some sucess at tier 2 if u add some fearies (to rape casters) and some dryads to dispell the slow. and it also comes to micro :p.

cheers brothers :D

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
of course, i jus meant that hunts can rape those gunners ^^ im not stupid enuf to mass them all the way!!! lol

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by VBadGirl
lol aragon dont make newbish statments plz. u dont play ne or human...and second of all is not true. in equal food hunts win. I might have explained at an earlier date why. 1. they both do extra damage to eachother 2. hunts have that bounce glaive attack..which adds up. are we clear ? :p.

IF! ne would have a similar unit such as statues or priests, hunts would keep kicking ur arsse at tier 2 also. But because ne have just wells (which you obviously cannot take in batlle) they lose. plus slow owns them also..like many other units ..not just hunts.

as for shiled...i have seen countless top human players getting breakers, priests and sorc...and some knights if they are facing another human. riffles dont need a meat shield as bad as archers do. they got 520 HP and thats pretty high if u ask me.
You forgot that interesting ability that ranged have. It is called, moving back. ;)

Attack, kill one hunt, run. Attack kill another, run. Attack, kill another, run. Rinse and repeat...you can definitely get something done that way. I have done it with UD and fiends have WORSE pathing than gunners.

You also forgot that the archmage can summon water elementals with piercing damage.

There are many factors that you haven't taken into effect. Of course this is all theorycraft, but you what you fail to realize is that at one time I did play human. ;)

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
heheh i know what u are talinkg about. i seen that replay aragorn..but the reason u actually were able to hit and run was because he was a newb with no guts.. he was in his base. he should have taken advantage of his moon wells..and if he runned into u..burn ur dk...and send to heal half health hunts..u would have been dead.

just because u got lucky it doesnt mean it actually works.

depends..WE...and depends what hero u got...if i got warden ur hero wont..live long enough to summon another one..if i get dh...he wont have enough mana...if i get kotg...i will abuse entangle...

thats why at the begining of the game ne domintes. and thats why u only harss a little bit, decause ne are excelent at defending a rush. Ancients attack, wisps drain mana, 3 great anti rush heros. ur goal is to advance at tier 2 as fast as posible.

and btw.,..listen to cecil commentary. specially against that ne (with beast master--bear and quill) where he talks about the killing order...and also it will prove it that archers are the weakest link at tier 1.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
The problem is, that I have seen more than one replay of it, and played more than one game where the other guy pushed but it didn't matter. What everyone here has to realize is that this game is in a state of Rangecraft. Rangecraft is the way to go. Melee is too slow to chase after ranged while being killed.

You would be surprised what hit and run can do against even experts. It is just one way to win out of many, but if you don't do it as UD you might as well be screwed.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
off topic: MUHHAHA THIS THREAD HAS GONE OVER 50 REPLIES!!!

on topic: Aragorn, hunts rape those gunners, period.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by N_LeGeNd)
off topic: MUHHAHA THIS THREAD HAS GONE OVER 50 REPLIES!!!

on topic: Aragorn, hunts rape those gunners, period.
Well, whats new, hunts rape everything 1v1. But you can't say that it is always going to go one way or the other, that is just hypocritical. Especially since there are so many things that affect a game.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
i know i know, hunts are one of strongest units to mass vs tier 1 units, but they are fairly weak against tier 2~3 units... jus proving the fact that hunts are capable of raping gunners even in tier 2 and 3.

BluddLuSt4Life

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.asstr.org
Back on topic, I wait till 200 wood and build hunter hall, AoW, and moonwell all at once... and I never make more than 6-7 huntresses, if you do your asking for a beating. Rangecraft, heh. So true but its better than Reign of Chaos I suppose.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
yes.. tru.. but i dun wait for 200 wood, i jus make AoW right after 1st moonwell and altar... jus in case of hero rush, my AoW can hit him when he gets closer :p

Also.. 200 is too much, make moonwell b4 and when u get 160 make AoW huntershall.

btw, werent u orc player? :p

New threads