BNET to start charging?

Hax0r666

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.keemo.net
i dont think i would be mad. im might be upset because i would have to find another job.l but as long as its like, 5-10 bucks a month, im down. I really dont care.

H

Hot Action Cop

Originally posted by l)arK.NapE
For those of you who have said that blizzard should ake a consol game where u r throll or someone, they r currently making 1 of the sort.
It is called StarCraft: Ghost. Obviously u r a ghost and u walk around and do shit.

Also, there is no way in the world that blizzard is broke, after all the sales from war3, and soon WoW games. If by some change they did find themselves in dept, all they have top do is make sc2, and with all theloyal bw fans there already are, they'll be rolling in $$ again.
If u read skuzzy's post at the begining of this thread u would notice its not blizzard thats in dept its their mother company. I dont know if i could afford 50 bucks a month for video games. i would be better off taking that money and buying consol games. I play starcraft, broodwar, diablo2, diablo2 LOD, and warcraft 3. Thats 5 games
thats 5 bucks

THERES NO FREAKING WAY

SmashBros.Pro

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
Originally posted by Akule
It also costs money to make Starcraft 2, a lot of money
StarCraft 2 will cost alot of money, but it would most likely make them 2 times as much as they spent , if they use the WarCraft III engine, and you cant forget how they purposely leave a few things out so they can sell you the expansion for the same price as the original game. I'm going to do some math that will hurt my head now.. Last time I logged onto Battle.net there were 9,981 users on StarCraft and 15,122 playing StarCraft BroodWar, so 9,981 + 15,122 = 25,103 which I'll round off to 25,000. Now they'll probally sell the game for 50 to 60 dollars so I'll just use 50 and 25,000 x 50 = $1,250,000 not counting the extra's such s strategy guides and accessories and we can't forget the people who loved StarCraft, but got bored of it. This is probally way off and some people will disagree (blah, blah, blah), but whatever I'm really tired so I'ma go sleep somewhere.

S

s3raphthegreat

.....this is crazy. We have to pay 50 bucks for the game....then...we have to pay montly to play it? LOL thats insane and there are plenty...PLENTLY games to play without paying montly. *beep*

Andariel

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Charging?! Oh god...And I thought my life could'nt suck anymore...they better not start charging...thy will lose a lot of people...I better go tell Baal....

wkdentns

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ya good idea Ill go tell mephisto.
If THEY charge Im out
I sell all my games and thats it.
And I HOPE NOT THEY WILL CHARGE people who works on battle.net are so lazy..... -_-
in D2 We will start deleting hacked items from now. They were saying that from last year.

Sc too many bla bla bla.... Battle.net too busy
ITs was laggy.

like I said THEY CHARGE IM OUT. if they charge 3/4 ppl are out probably

N[U]TS

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by wkdentns
Ya good idea Ill go tell mephisto.
If THEY charge Im out
I sell all my games and thats it.
And I HOPE NOT THEY WILL CHARGE people who works on battle.net are so lazy..... -_-
in D2 We will start deleting hacked items from now. They were saying that from last year.

Sc too many bla bla bla.... Battle.net too busy
ITs was laggy.

like I said THEY CHARGE IM OUT. if they charge 3/4 ppl are out probably
Ok well........first off why do u think people who work on b.net are so lazy!? cause they dont get paid doing it..............be glade for what they do do for u Ok!
2nd If u dont want them biching at you about hacked items or any of that other B.S. then JUST DONT PLAY. It is as simple as that!!:)

james_in_time

Member!
Reaction score
How could they do this to their loyal fans? If they had true morals they would go down in pride with out charging. I would then have true respect for blizzard.

bakfed

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
if they do start charging, they need to make a big difference to "realm down" msg, and the lag created by hackers, they need to have more employees tracking down hackers and spammers, if they make a big difference to b.net, i wud probably start paying if they start charging, but in the meantime, charing b.net will not b a good answer

james_in_time

Member!
Reaction score
Its not worth to goof around on b.net and pay 10$ a month some months i dont play maybe the serious players that have no life but to play b.net . lol i rememeber those days.

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i dont know about all you guys, but i REALLY would not play any of the blizzard games off-line. once you beat the campains its pretty much just gonna be played on b.net for me!

drk_Assasin

Reaction score
Website
msn.ca
Re: Is it true

Originally posted by Dj Casper
OK I was told while in a chat room on bettle.net that battle.net will be charging. Is this true or just a rumor. Let me know please!!!

man If b.net Starts charging My online gameing days r through

bakfed

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i don't think b.net would start charging, cuz that'll b way too scandalous
even if they do, they should make the payment for the newly created accounts, or ppl who wants to create new accounts...
but for oldies like ppl who started diablo2, and then switch to lod, and played for years, blizzard shouldn't charge those accounts

T

The-O.tv

Blizz don't care

Dude I can almost guarantee that Blizz will start charging for Bnet. Why? Because they can. So many people are so obsessed with Blizzard games that they will never leave Blizz no matter what they do. You'd be suprised how few people Blizz will lose if they start charging. If they were any other company, it would be a horrible idea, because even tho they provide other ways to play (lan, sp,... uh I'm sure they have something else), most other big game companies still have free online gaming (half of them through gamespy, but hey. It works). Blizz, on the other hand, can do just about anything to their customers (i.e. delay like crazy, play with our minds with what their plans are, play April Fool's Day pranks on us) because most of us will still stick by them.

I, personally, think they shouldn't start charging, because they're going to have a steady income with WoW (which is MMO, so obviously they're gonna charge, but knowing Blizz, that probably won't come out for 10 years), and just simple courtesy to their customers. Frankly, with how much they charge for their games, I'm suprised that they do have money problems. (Maybe it's just Vivendi ;) of course with how much other crap Vivendi has, that'd be a bit suprising too)

btw, I know that WoW won't fix the immediate problem, but Blizzard is STILL getting money from Starcraft, so I think they should be able to pull through.

btw, dude. You're blind. In no possible way is that Sarah Michelle Gellar. As much as I hate both of them, I can still tell that's Avril Lavigne.

T

The-O.tv

Nts, Blizz employees get payed a lot for being lazy dude.

James, fans are loyal to Blizzard, but Blizzard doesn't give 2 stiffs about their fans (They used to, but not anymore)

Icedragon

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
I do want it to change but I don't wanna P2P but if thats what it comes to i guess i can pay. Maybe If they start charging to play they might get some new faster severs so that might be good it some ways Or it can stay the way it is i dont really care it works fine the way it is

H

Hot Action Cop

LOL U ARE.....

Originally posted by james_in_time
How could they do this to their loyal fans? If they had true morals they would go down in pride with out charging. I would then have true respect for blizzard.
So your saying rather than paying 10-15 bucks a month to play some of the best damn games ever, you would rather have it so everyone else who may actually pay to play cant because you want to give respect to blizzard for letting their company, creators of Starcraft, Diablo, and Warcraft, go down in flames all because some person wants them to have a little pride. Dont count on it James. No self respecting company owner would let his buisness die when he still has a chance to keep it going. Think before you talk

H

Hot Action Cop

And if they are going P2P they will do some sort of upgrade to Battle.net. They may even wait untill Starcraft 2 (if it ever comes out) to go P2P. Who knows. They could also get faster servers making the game a whole lot better. I dont think they will just go P2P over night
They will have something to lure people to pay

NewPosts

New threads