4.creeping and others
5.Games in different types
6.Against races

Torubu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You'll learn the hard way that guides don't win the games for you. These guides in no way improve your micro, and unfortunately for strategy guides, micro is what wins most every game. Sure, a strategy can win without much micro IF you have a hard counter to what you're facing, but even if this is the situation, a guide cannot dictate your exact matchup and food vs food analysis. It's not the simple reason that "i don't like guides," it's the fact that I'd rather meet with a person needing help on a specific topic than to write a general analysis of that race that, in the end, might have only one to two sections of important topics.

For the Orc section, I might go to HighandDry (Pieces) for permission to post his guide, or if I must to WCReplays.com staff, as no offense, but I'm sure his guide will be of alot more use than anyone on here can write.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
omg Torubu, do u not get the point in this? its to make war3 forums more popular for god's sake.
Like i said, read my sig.

Torubu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by N_LeGeNd)
omg Torubu, do u not get the point in this? its to make war3 forums more popular for god's sake.
Like i said, read my sig.
That's a weak, weak reason to be doing this. Despite popularity, this should be done to help people at the most basic level possible. Unit choice is the mere base to a successful run on WC3, and that's all we can do here.

Oh, and a good way to get forums popular would be to get an attraction. Attraction meaning some level 20+ players here and there, people known for their spots on the ladder, etc. Battleforums isn't focused on just Warcraft, and it hinders Warcraftforums ability to excel.

Just for a simple point, and in no way do I mean to insult people, because I'm not very "good" myself at WC3, but I'm sure guides written by < level 15 people aren't the most valued and read. While you MAY help people, the reason you're doing it just puts the effort in vain.

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
torubu quit being an asshole before i bitch slap u. the effort is apreciate it. if he wants to do it, no-one is stopping him. its very time consuming and also its already done by GF (mojo strategy guide). but there are things he doesnt says, little things that might give u the edge to win a game.

maybe it will not improve ur micro but marcro is just as important as micro is. and plus is very hard no matter what amp u got to win with the wrong units. u start with basic things and u advance.

I can help improving my forum with differnt hings but i have to find the time to do so first....and i have to met the right ppl. maybe i should hang around GGL clan channel a lot more :p.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score

Originally posted by Torubu
That's a weak, weak reason to be doing this. Despite popularity, this should be done to help people at the most basic level possible. Unit choice is the mere base to a successful run on WC3, and that's all we can do here.

Oh, and a good way to get forums popular would be to get an attraction. Attraction meaning some level 20+ players here and there, people known for their spots on the ladder, etc. Battleforums isn't focused on just Warcraft, and it hinders Warcraftforums ability to excel.

Just for a simple point, and in no way do I mean to insult people, because I'm not very "good" myself at WC3, but I'm sure guides written by < level 15 people aren't the most valued and read. While you MAY help people, the reason you're doing it just puts the effort in vain.
Torubu, i was once ranked 70th out of 1000, i think i know what to do for the most part in NE.
And if you dont want to take in part of this, keep the comments for yourself, i dun think anyone here wants to hear about it. If you (presumeably lvl 20+ player) dont want to write it, stop giving out comments about it until we ASK you to. Also, Aragorn is <lvl 15 in his acc, so does that make his guides not valued and not read?
How about those ppl with like 500 wins and 600 losses? they will prob about lvl 16ish or so, does that make them all godly and xperts? jeez Torubu, stop being so negative about everything ppl do around here, jus to make the War3 forum better. Also, notice that many people, including myself, dont play much ladder games anymore. That is prob why my acc lvl is only 3, and if i did, for w/e reason i do not know, i can gurantee u, i can get to lvl 20 within 1~3 weeks.

Anyways, thx x42 for your fading effects :D

Torubu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Re: ......

Torubu, i was once ranked 70th out of 1000, i think i know what to do for the most part in NE.
And if you dont want to take in part of this, keep the comments for yourself, i dun think anyone here wants to hear about it. If you (presumeably lvl 20+ player) dont want to write it, stop giving out comments about it until we ASK you to. Also, Aragorn is <lvl 15 in his acc, so does that make his guides not valued and not read?
How about those ppl with like 500 wins and 600 losses? they will prob about lvl 16ish or so, does that make them all godly and xperts? jeez Torubu, stop being so negative about everything ppl do around here, jus to make the War3 forum better. Also, notice that many people, including myself, dont play much ladder games anymore. That is prob why my acc lvl is only 3, and if i did, for w/e reason i do not know, i can gurantee u, i can get to lvl 20 within 1~3 weeks.

Anyways, thx x42 for your fading effects :D
I'm glad you think so highly of me, but unfortunately I'm included in the <15 crowd.
500-600 means 1,100 games of playing, so yes, they do know alot.

If you don't play ladder games, how do I know to trust what you say is right?

I'm waiting for that level 20 account. Todays the 16th, so, prove me wrong.

I have the option to state my opinion whether or not you approve, ask, or in any way administer permission for me to do so. In essence, deal with it. I'm here, my opinion is here.

For the record, I'm in no way saying don't do this. I'm stating what's been holding true. If you're not known well on b.net for skill and whatnot, your guide will never be valued to one written by say, Bei, Showtime, Grubby, Perfume, Dayfly, etc. It's a commonplace in today's society, if you're not famous, nothing you do will compare to something a famous person does, even IF it is of better quality. If you've been having trouble getting this point from my responses, I feel for you, I really do.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
did i say i will start playing ladder? no. I personally prefer to play custom, unless i play with my friends from school or from the forums.
Anyways, if u want to start this arguement make new thread. Im sick and tired of u always being so negative and being an ass. And if u want to, ill do 1v1 with u.

BTW have you done 1v1 with dark mage? u said he suced at human, and he demanded 1v1 match. Did u do it? hmm... sounds like a bluffer....

Also, if u refuse my offer of 1v1, ill jus think that your afraid of losing.... =/

Torubu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
did i say i will start playing ladder? no. I personally prefer to play custom, unless i play with my friends from school or from the forums.
Anyways, if u want to start this arguement make new thread. Im sick and tired of u always being so negative and being an ass. And if u want to, ill do 1v1 with u.

BTW have you done 1v1 with dark mage? u said he suced at human, and he demanded 1v1 match. Did u do it? hmm... sounds like a bluffer....

Also, if u refuse my offer of 1v1, ill jus think that your afraid of losing.... =/
You seem to take everything I say far out of context. If the truth is negative, so be it. If you want to believe your guide is going to be read by masses and make you loved and cherished, so be it. I'm merely pointing out the fact that it won't be. Prove me wrong.

As for Dark Mage, I IMed him once on AIM, and got no response. Other than that, I have not encountered him on. If that's running, you have a weird sense of thinking. If you want to, though, search for me saying I'm "good," or "gosu," (this doesn't include comparisons to one person, GOOD to me means I can play at a level 15-20 range successfully) or anything that I have praised myself in such a sense. I'll gladly play a 1v1 with you, though the basis for this challenge makes it seem immature.

I'm waiting to see you get level 20. How long?

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
sigh you jus dont get it do u, if i am crazy war3 player, i will be playing war3 right now instead of being in BF. and how old are you to judge me as immature? And i think ur the one who has werid sense of htinking, your the one who only thinks so negative around.

and like i said.. i prefer to play custom with friends.. not ladder =/ read b4 u say Torubu. and if ur wondering that i only play wit >lvl 15 players, when i make game i only ask for experts, who are usually smurfed acc or high lvlers.

Swooper

Respected Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Well, you all know I don't have very much time, but I kinda feal like doing another little strategy writeup or something for old times sake =). So if you need anything NE related, just ask. I'm still getting back into the game after not playing regularly for ages, but I've got solid strategies against every race, along with lots of other little things I like to try from time to time (thoes zeplins keep becoming more and more fun every single time I use them =).

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
k thx Swooper, ill send u what i have so far. (i think i need bit help in micro section, cant really say what how i do things.) (some parts edited previously by vbad and i read over it, made some changes.)

Torubu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
sigh you jus dont get it do u, if i am crazy war3 player, i will be playing war3 right now instead of being in BF. and how old are you to judge me as immature? And i think ur the one who has werid sense of htinking, your the one who only thinks so negative around.

and like i said.. i prefer to play custom with friends.. not ladder =/ read b4 u say Torubu. and if ur wondering that i only play wit >lvl 15 players, when i make game i only ask for experts, who are usually smurfed acc or high lvlers.
Swooper'll probably get the most recognition on here for something he does. But yet, even he didn't have masses coming to read stuff I've read of his. I'm sorry if you think the truth is negative, N_Legend.

I read. You said you could get to level 20 in 1-3 weeks. Do it, make me look like an ass for thinking you can't. Maybe some level 20s around here might help BF. Afterall, what do you think makes some of the other sites so great? They're run mostly by top players, or widely supported by them. We have none, no support, no "gosu" players.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
thats the thing, im not so into war3 anymore Torubu, rather im into ps2, PS, or d2 now. But i will shall play anyways. and no 1v1 i guess? and stop replying, jus make new thread or pm me about it, ur jus flooding this thread with unrelated topic.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
hmm ok

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
What 'beautiful' language VBad, the guides are good for the forums and the newbs-all who want to know and later having learnt guides they can do better without them.

Maybe Torubu has a point but i dont agree completely

New threads