Tower rushing... cheap or part of the game?

What do you think of tower rushing?

• Tower rushing is part of the game and people should learn to deal with it

Votes: 29 69.0%
  • I think it's cheap and people who use it suck!

Votes: 13 31.0%

• Total voters

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Tower rush is where you pile Towers, Ancient Protectors or Spirit Towers everywhere. Oh, and NE Tower rushing isn't a great idea since it takes up your upkeep.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by x42bn6
Tower rush is where you pile Towers, Ancient Protectors or Spirit Towers everywhere. Oh, and NE Tower rushing isn't a great idea since it takes up your upkeep.
Ancients don't take up food, therefore they dont affect upkeep. and it is impossible for an UD player to tower rush. It's not piling in ur base thats just suicide, it's attacking with towers.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Hey, any idiot that I play with actually sieges me head on, which in this case it works. You'll be surprised how a nicely Spirit Towered base can kill a Level 10 Hero by itself.

iAM[ddR]unk

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.clanddr.vze.com
i think it is a part of the game also. i tried it once in an FFA game and the guy quit right away :p then another opponent destroyed my base, so i took the guy i destroyed's gold mine (protected by towers from the rush) and rebuilt and later won. :D so tower rushing usually plays a big role in games. its also becoming a normal strategy. i see a tower rush(or an attempt for one) almost every 5 games.

IHATEMRJONS

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the only poin of tower rushing i say is if u are doing a 1v1 game and just surround his base with towers and that gives u enough time to tech and get some good units, and u can creep a little and max out then u can attack him and if he kills u and then he attacks u he wont be able to attack ur because there are a bunch of tower in his way.

but tower rushing is probally the gayest thing ever i have seen somebody do. i have heard people start saying i am a newb but that means they lost to a newb and i just laugh at them because they lost to a newb, but still tower rushing the the stupids thing.

also if u are doing a 3v3 or 2v2 then u will get killed, if my allies get tower rushed, i dont help my allie i attack the tower rusher as quickly as possible. he wont have any units so that makes it easy to walk in and kill everything, but i might have some trouble from his allie but normally his allie is teching so that he can get some good units so it is easy and stupid if u tower rush in a team game.

H

Hilk

ihatemrjons, true to what u said on the first paragraph about tower rushing. but i do not think its gay. it may be annoying, but you will have to learn to counter it if you dont like it. Since u cant tell what your oppoent what to do, what to build etc in a game, its a need to know how to defend tower rushers when the time comes :p.

i do tower rush a lot now. it buys me time. i tower rush mostly to buy time.. i change my strategies according to the map and oppoent, in order to adapt. when i tower rush, i easily bend into mass casters with grunts and 2x heroes... 3x if its big enough.

the only way to defend one is ... do as u said... lol or build towers in your base. i wouldnt bother with seige yet.

to protect yourself while ur tower rushing, just build 2 burrows and at last one towers back at your base close together.. so burrow in when some bitch heroes come to attack u!

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The thing about tower rushing is that if a player can get a few towers supporting each other, it causes opponents to waste time and resources destroying towers. They would have to upgrade and mass to attack one area that is not even a base and still have to defend themselves from regular attacks. I suppose thats why everyone builds heros immediately in order to kill any peons, or peasants that may be attempting to tower rush.

New threads