Thoughts on the confed flag

~Canuck~

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Forged
I would have to say that waving a confederate flag, and talking about being a patriotic american is an oxy-moron.
Heh so true, the confederates sorta stood for the opposites of what america in its old school days stood for didn't they? Im not familiar with their principles n shit so i can't be certain.

Ciphus

Member!
Reaction score
The confederate flag is the flag of a rebel nation that went to war on America. Now does this mean we should just ignore it? Absolutely not, it's a vital piece of American history. It, however, should not be flown on any federal buildings. And Rober E. Lee was not actually a HUGE fan of the confederacy, he was a fan of his state. He actually believe that the confederacy should so whatever it can to remain in the union. He logic behind it was that breaking apart from the Union would be a direct slap/insult to the forefathers who created the constitution. Just a little interesting tidbit for ya.

Anyhow, just to sum up. The confederate flag is the flag of a rebel nation. Not to be outlawed, but not to be flown on federal buildings. The Civil War was not directly about slavery. Lincoln freed the slaves to break the Souths economy, which heavily relied on slavery.

dust601

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
"I wonder how african americans would feel if we told them they could not display their heritage."

I don't remember african amercians trying to split this country apart.

amrtin77

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
you can display whatever you want, we are not saying "Ban the confed flag." we are saying "keep it from government buildings, they should fly our counrties flag and their states flag, not a flag of rebellion"

VegetaClam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I am the son of a rebel's son.

Do they ban the American Flag in England? After all we rebelled against the monarchy. We are a nation of rebels, lets not hide our roots but celebrate them.

Of all the things to get offended by...... I say any one bitching about American history, should be taken out and Jizz fisted.

-VC

Thistle

Senior Spammer
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by VegetaClam
Of all the things to get offended by...... I say any one bitching about American history, should be taken out and Jizz fisted.

-VC
What if england Jizz headbutted? lol lets not get into that again.... haha

New threads