My New Comp..

Iliaran

Member!
Reaction score
You're getting shit ram (I wouldn't go for anything under pc3200 ram, and u need 2 pieces of ddr ram to get it to function properly, you only have 1).

You're also getting a shit sound card (im a music freak).

...I'd also look around for a better video card

...and where're all th other parts?

theyuw

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Looks like a pretty nice comp. I think despite the flaming from other peeps on the graphics card it is a good chioce. Mainly because it has many utilities that can overclock it :). Overall it looks like a good comp. Course if u built it from scratch instead of having tiger build it you could bring the price down by $100 at least. Back in april 2003 I built a state of the art comp for $600 which I am using right now :) If you need to know of any good places to get parts let me know and I'll be glad to lend a hand.

theyuw

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
On second thought u better watch the sound card. I just recently discovered that the sound card on my bro's comp had been resposible for lag during games and not the gpu, lol. Obviously a radeon 7500pro is enough to run warcraft III. Jus be careful when getting a sound card.

OMGLOLWTFPWN

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Why do you need IDE cables? aren't there some in the computer you are using right now? Well it's better than my computer and I don't think the sound card needs to be super expensive top of the line for a lot of things, but I didn't know it could cause lag.

Ebay.God

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.xtreme-host.net
He wants glowing ide cables. I dont think he should get a sound card at all because the one on this motherboard is more then likly the same or better.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
k, took off the sound card from the cart..

didn't know that motherboards had the speaker/mic outlets, rofl..

This Gfx card is what I can get for my price limit, it's the best for my limit.

Iliaran

Member!
Reaction score
i still think you'd be better of with 2 pieces of 256 mb ram than a single 512 piece. You'd be paying extra for no reason, you'd be better of buying 512 mb of sdram (your ram will run in single channel mode=half the speed). Motherboards do often have built sound/graphics thingies, but they suck more often than not.

Are you going to salvage any parts from your old pc?

l33t idea: connect both your computers and run a beowulf cluster so you don't really need to spend lots on a processor for your second computer

New threads