Legalized Weed

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Lights

Canibus has many many many more times the potential to cause cancer then your average cigarette. It also severly impairs judgement and slows reaction time. Also, if you drink and smoke marijuana simultaneously, you can honestly kill yourself very easily.

The negatives outweigh the so-called "positives" by a tremendous amount. It would be ludicrous to make any drugs illegal. Not only that, but cigs and alcohol should be made illegal themselves. Nothing good comes from it; just an empty wallet, depression, and disease.
If that is true then why did shutupandgoaway say this?
Marijuana has the same judgement impairing affects as alchohol. It also does not destroy the lungs,the liver, or cause addiction. Cigarettes are highly addictive and damage the lungs greatly. Alchohol impairs judgement just like marijuana, but also damages the liver. I think that marijuana should be legalized, for several reasons. First, it is clearly hypocritical for the government to have marijuana illegal when alchohol and tobacco are both more harmful. Second, if marijuana were legalized, it could be taxed heavily to work on our growing deficit. Also, if it were legalized, we could empty out a lot of our prisons filled with minor drug offenders and divert funds from our war on drugs to education or intelligence services. The ban on alchohol is just like the prohibition,and that was repealed.
If a joint is more harmful than a cig it wouldny matter because the amout of joints a person whom smokes weed has a day is significantly lower than a regular cigerette smoker. If you made cigs and alcohol illegall it would turn into complete chaos how do you think people who are already adicted to either would react?, they both calm you down, everyone would get stressed, yeah there are people who dont drink and dont smoke... but there are very few that are content like this...

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Keep it illegal. Alchohol is legal so we don't need any other substance ****ing up society more then it already is.

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by ORC-r0x0r-ROC

If a joint is more harmful than a cig it wouldny matter because the amout of joints a person whom smokes weed has a day is significantly lower than a regular cigerette smoker.
Well, ok, but just because it would be used less regularly doesnt justify the use of it at all. It hurts the body and clouds the mind.

If you made cigs and alcohol illegall it would turn into complete chaos how do you think people who are already adicted to either would react?
Exactly my point. People become so hooked on these substances theat they can become violent, I've sen it happen. These drugs get into your head and make a normally smart person do stupid stuff.

they both calm you down, everyone would get stressed,
I dont understand, you contradicted yourself there. :(

yeah there are people who dont drink and dont smoke... but there are very few that are content like this...
You would be very surprised at how many people are agaist smoking/alcohol. My entire family is, most of my friends families are, and I hear that most kids families at school are too. I would say 2/3 families dont drink or smoke. 8/10, I would say, dont do drugs. The numbers are higher than you think.

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, ok, but just because it would be used less regularly doesnt justify the use of it at all. It hurts the body and clouds the mind.
Cigs hurt your body too. I was saying that it would be less harmfull than smoking cigerettes.
I dont understand, you contradicted yourself there.
nope, they both calm you down, everyone would get stressed (without them) i was still following the if they were banned...
You would be very surprised at how many people are agaist smoking/alcohol. My entire family is, most of my friends families are, and I hear that most kids families at school are too. I would say 2/3 families dont drink or smoke. 8/10, I would say, dont do drugs. The numbers are higher than you think.
How many have gone without a nervous breakdown everyone needs a bit of alcohol now and again, once a week

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
nope, they both calm you down, everyone would get stressed (without them) i was still following the if they were banned...
Ok, you just worded it confusingly.

((Is 'confusingly' even a word?))

dust601

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
where do your familys who do and don't use drugs statistics come from? people around you? well thats kinda biased only using 1 criteria of people to scale for everyone.
You have no idea how many seemingly normal familys smoke weed that you'd never expect that do, and how many of them would admit to anyone that they do?

~Canuck~

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well one thing people don't really understand is that one joint may be as harmful on the lungs as x cigarretts, but you may only need to take 3-4 puffs off said joint, where as the cigarette smoker still smokes their whole pack in a day.

Aswell if marijuana was governed with the same laws as alcohol, except they raised the punishments for irresponsible use, i think it would work out fine.

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by dust601
where do your familys who do and don't use drugs statistics come from? people around you? well thats kinda biased only using 1 criteria of people to scale for everyone.
You have no idea how many seemingly normal familys smoke weed that you'd never expect that do, and how many of them would admit to anyone that they do?
All I am saying, is that from my personal experience, drug/alcohol use is not as high as he was saying. I know people use it in secret and all that, but it still doesnt make up for those who do not.

It was an intelligent guess, my numbers were; never stated to be fact.

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Lights
All I am saying, is that from my personal experience, drug/alcohol use is not as high as he was saying. I know people use it in secret and all that, but it still doesnt make up for those who do not.

It was an intelligent guess, my numbers were; never stated to be fact.
I didnt give a figure... most people drink or smoke or take drugs..

~Canuck~

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I didnt give a figure... most people drink or smoke or take drugs..
I bet the percent of people in canada n the us who don't smoke cigs, smoke pot, do something harder, or drink, is less then 1%. . .
(i don't mean do all these, im just saying doing one or more).

NewPosts

New threads