Bolt, we agree on one thing, people sure ruin other people's work

Romanian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.romanian.vze.com
Lolz Matrix, the subject is over, it wazn't as much a debate as it waz trivia, the one that knew more came out and spoke untill the other person realised something. WHich is what happened here, because i had never seen hyper in a map before and when i started giving the map people were always with their jaws on the floor, i thought i waz the first to make it, but i don't think that bolt would say otherwise without a reason or just out of pure pleasure so i just dropped it.

MacMan

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by -Matrix-
[COLOR=33DD33]Well we all know (No really, we do) that you two are a couple of the most legendary map makers[/COLOR]
Umm... I wouldn't say either of them is a legend per say. Bolt is just one of about 10 mapmakers who are actually good, and Romanian just claims he invented the hypertrigger.
Actually, in light of this claim, I too would like to announce something: that it was I— MacMan— who invented player four.

Indeed.

Bolt Head

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowfortress.net
Ya im not legendary, im not dead yet. Anyways i think ill take that as a complement.

Nice sarcasim about player 4 MacMan, infact im supprized you actually read these forums still.

Edit: lol mac man the caption under your name fits you so much.

MacMan

Reaction score
;)

MacMan

Reaction score
I wasn't jumping on you, I was just saying I had no idea why matrix was calling you a legend. Hell, even if I knew who actually made the first hypertrigger I wouldn't have much respect for them... "Good job, you threw a ton of nonsensical triggers together like a retard, and you were lucky enough to make something beneficial." I can almost guarantee you that whoever discovered hypers didn't do so through deep study... observations of the engine... and analytical processing.
I swear, if you put a million goddamn monkeys with typewriters in a room, eventually you'll get a romance novel.

Bolt Head

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowfortress.net
Well if you discovered it on your own congradulations. Hyper triggers is just a techniqe. You can discover it even though some else already has, just like switches, and . . . America . . . ya. . . right. . . Oh well

Edit: ok mac man i must say that last post of mine really did make me laugh.

MacMan

Reaction score
Excuse me?

Romanian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.romanian.vze.com
Your a smart guy, but instead of realising that this thread ended and theres no need for u 2 diss me, you keep on doin it.

Good job, you threw a ton of nonsensical triggers together like a retard, and you were lucky enough to make something beneficial
Invisible units, Firebats that shoot outta nowhere, and other things like that (that i can't think of right now) were all luck yet they lead to pretty much a revolution in mapmaking. Plus, if u put a bunch of triggers together and get lucky, does that not mean that u made it? Or... If u know what i'm tryin 2 say.

Oh and btw, look under my name, maibe u'll get an answer why matrix was calling me a legend :D

MacMan

Reaction score
Your a smart guy, but instead of realising that this thread ended and theres no need for u 2 diss me, you keep on doin it.
Good job, you threw a ton of nonsensical triggers together like a retard, and you were lucky enough to make something beneficial
Invisible units, Firebats that shoot outta nowhere, and other things like that (that i can't think of right now) were all luck yet they lead to pretty much a revolution in mapmaking. Plus, if u put a bunch of triggers together and get lucky, does that not mean that u made it? Or... If u know what i'm tryin 2 say.

Oh and btw, look under my name, maibe u'll get an answer why matrix was calling me a legend :)
Dude I'm not trying to diss you, all I'm saying is that I don't know who was the first person to use hypertriggers and I really could care less (the words you quoted weren't even directed at you).
As for things like invisible units and the like, if they really did lead to a "revolution," then it was a degenerative one at best. All I see whenever I play sc anymore is the same shit used over... and over... and over again, to the point where what was an interesting glitch in the engine is now just an annoying "OMFG IM 1337" statement by a map's author. It's nice to know I can always find a map with shitty terrain, crappy game play, but by God, it will have cloaked bunkers.
I really don't know what you're trying to say with that last sentence... if you make a map... then that means you made the map...?

BTW My title says everyone is dumb... so the effect of you calling yourself a legend is really lost on me :)

edit: added quote

New threads