lordson

Member!
Reaction score
Australia, Melbourne Rules Sydney is a hole
nah

im sure the attack wouldn't have failed

anyhow i still had an army of dark tempalr at my base

and there were after all 6 arbiters
i froze some guys on the way and not many ppl defend the very sides of thier mineral patches

it sdones't matter how much that costs
as long as i win

and 2100 gas is nothing

its jsut the time they take to build really cheesed me off

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
2100 gas is a lot, u can get 8 carriers or 14 high templars for the same ammount of gas. I have lost games because of less.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I defend my whole base and whack Turrets/cannons/spores here & there. Usually lots of turrets cost they r so cheap

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Too many turrets is a waste of money, i would rather have an extra 15 marines in my attacking force than 10 extra turrets in my base.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Turrets would have to be the best out of spore/cannon/turret. But spores shoot the fastest!

snaktoss

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I love the arbiter. I dont know what you mean by freezing is useless? I use it alot and it aint useless. If you can freezen a group of carriers while your cheap units can run amock in their base, or if they are attack yours it may give you enough time to make units to destroy them once the freeze wears off, or if you are massing units at other bases and ar making expansions just keep an arbiter there to warp in a bunch of guys asap. I cant see this as a useless unit thats for sure. It wins me alot of games. Cost is high yes but look at the fact it has its own attack as well.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Freezing rocks. If someone mass' something at you and they are all bunched up (thats if your opponent doesn't micro) you just statis field them. Get more counter units and bingo. You won that battle. How long does statis field last for ne way?

amrtin77

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I rarely ever send in a arbitor alone even to recall... if im flying over to an enemy base, i give it transports or corsairs to provide their use as sheilds. as AKA said, they cost way too much money to just run in and wing it

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Agreed. The arbiter costs too much to be expendable. Although combined with corsairs, they can do good. An arbiter can recall up to about 12 or so Dragoons. Which 6 shuttles are needed (1200minerals) and they have to be unloaded separately.

Towelie

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
But, I think the freezing technique is useless.
I don't think so, Payment. Especially on money maps these are usefull. One time I was playing BGH a long time ago, we were sitting stalemate so we just were gathering minerals and gas. He decided to attack with 24 or so carriers nothing else, which would have annhilated my base, I used stasis and they were all in a clump, I build like 20 cannons and moved all my units there and killed those guys in like 15 seconds, losing almost nothing because they were cloaked to my arbiter. Then I just went in his base and killed him after a few attacks. Stasis also works on your own units sometimes too if they micro alot and spread their units out, clump yours up and send for back up. Haha another way to use it.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
I have seen players who froze units in their chokepoint and it created an invincible wall of statised units. It can also cut an enemy's army in half, making it easier to kill.

New threads